KERRY PROPERTIES LIMITED ("KPL")
A. Our Commitment To Data Protection
Kerry Properties Limited and its subsidiaries and associated companies (collectively the “Kerry Properties Group” or “we”) are committed to protecting your privacy. We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) (“the Ordinance”). We will also try to ensure, as far as possible and practicable, that data sourced from and/or transferred to and from outside Hong Kong is protected to standards in line with the Ordinance.
B. Our Collection Of Information
We receive and collect two basic types of information from you, namely, “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data”.
“Personal Data”. The types of personal data we collect will depend on the specific types of services or information requested by you and may include but are not limited to:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, family status, passport or other identification numbers.
- Your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers.
- Your credit card numbers and expiry date and bank account numbers.
When we need to collect personal data from you to provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need and notify you the specific purposes for the data collection under a Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) upon collection of such data and information. By providing us with your personal information, you are agreeing and accepting the terms of our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy. If you choose not to provide the personal information to us, we may not be able to supply you with the relevant information, services or products.
“Non-Personal Data”. The types of non-personal data we collect includes information/data about your use of our website(s) such as your access time, page(s) visited, IP address, browser type, operating system and demographics. These non-personal data do not individually identify you and are collected for customizing, enhancing, maintaining, improving and optimizing the quality of our website(s) and to compile statistics to analyse site usage.
C. The Purposes For Which The Personal Data Are Collected
Generally, the personal data collected will be used for the purposes set out below. You will find more specific details of the purposes of data collection in the PICS that will be made available to you upon collection of such data.
- To promote and market our products, services, facilities benefits and offers to you.
- To lease and sell our products and services to you.
- To facilitate payment for products and services supplied to you.
- To facilitate your use of online services available at any of our website(s) or through other telecommunication channels.
- To facilitate your use of any membership or clubhouse facilities and participation in interest classes, events and functions.
- To facilitate our management of membership accounts and records.
- To facilitate our management of our customer relationship by sending you updates on Kerry Properties Group or on latest offers and promotions, benefits and offers in relation to any of our products and services from time to time.
- To facilitate communication with you to conduct our own marketing research to identify market trend and preference to improve our service and product quality.
- To verify identity in connection with any of the products, services or information that may be supplied to you or required from us.
- To facilitate compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- To facilitate recruitment and other human resources related purposes.
- For any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
D. Who We May Disclose Your Personal Data To
We will inform you in the PICS that are made available to you on collection of personal data should there be any data transfer and seek your voluntary consent or indication of no objection in respect of the data transfer. In general our data transfer is for the purposes set out below. The parties to whom the data transfer re made may have places of business outside Hong Kong, your personal data may therefore be transferred out of Hong Kong.
- To our subsidiaries and associated companies that we consider appropriate in connection with the purposes and /or any of the services that are stated in the relevant PICS.
- To our subsidiaries and associated companies or third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to the website(s) or to provide information technology support to us, and /or to conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks, data bases and data management system.
- To third party services provider(s), coach(es) trainer(s), organizer(s) of events, interest classes, activities and functions organized for the relevant event, interest classes, activities and functions.
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of reorganisation, merger or transfer of our business.
- To government or other law enforcement or regulatory authorities for the purpose of complying with any applicable laws or regulations or court orders or lawful requests or to protect our rights or properties.
E. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the personal data that we collect from you. We will store the physical records of your personal data in secured places with restricted access. We have implemented appropriate safeguards and precautions to protect the server(s) that store your personal data as well as to protect the security, integrity, accuracy, privacy and completeness of the personal data we collect from you from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. However, whilst we would try our best to protect your personal data once we receive it, no data transmission over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which they are used.
F. Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy. We will not knowingly collect or maintain data in our data base from persons who are under 13 years of age without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
Cookies are small computer text files that are sent from a website to the browser of your device (e.g. computer, smart-phone, tablet, as the case may be) and are stored on your device to improve your browsing experience on those websites and to provide the website operator with non-personal data/analytical information to help improve your website browsing experience and the quality of the relevant website(s).
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may choose not to accept cookies from the website(s) by changing your cookies setting. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your device, you may find that some features and functions of the website(s) may not work properly.
H. Links To Other Websites
When you are browsing on the website(s) and when you click on the hyperlinks to the other companies, government departments etc. listed in the information provided in the website(s) and be directed to those websites that are not controlled or managed by us, this Personal Data (Privacy) Policy does not apply to those other websites and those other websites may send their own cookies and/or other tracking technologies to your device and may also independently collect or solicit personal data from you. If you visit those other websites, you should consult their privacy policies before providing your personal data on those other websites. We shall not be liable in relation to your activities on those other websites.
I. Your Rights To Request Access To and Correction Of Personal Data
Kerry Properties Limited
25/F Kerry Centre
683 King's Road
(852) 2967 2200
We may charge you a reasonable fee for the data request.
J. Revision And Interpretation
We reserve the right to change the terms of our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy from time to time. The latest version of our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy will be posted on the website(s). You may also obtain a hard copy by writing to our Personal Data Privacy Officer. Your continued visit and/or logging into our website(s) or provision of your personal information to us following the posting of the changes to the terms of our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy means you agree with and accept our changes and the latest version of our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of Personal Data (Privacy) Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Last revision on 11/7/2014